UK Tourist Visit Visa
In the United Kingdom, visit visas are valid for the duration of six months and are intended for those who wish to visit the UK for the purposes of tourism, business trips, visiting friends and family, and to receive medical attention as well as those transiting through the UK en route to another destination. Take the UK visa free assessment to start an application now.
Business Visit Visas for the UK
The UK offers a wide range of work visas and business visas designed to cater for highly skilled migrants, those transferring to the UK to take up a position of employment and those who wish to invest in the UK economy or start a business. The business visit visa has little in common with the group of travel permits usually referred to as ‘business visas’ in that it does not permit its holder to undertake employment in the UK.
The UK business visitor’s visa is a better and more effective visa service for those who wish to travel to the UK in order to conduct a range of business activities including visiting conferences and attending meetings. A successful candidate may stay for a maximum of six months, however, the UK business visit visa can be issued for multiple entries, and this period of six months may be divided over the permit’s validity of up to two years. Business visit visas are particularly beneficial, as they do not impose any of the formal requirements, job offers, or points based assessments involved in other forms of UK business visa.
UK Tourist Visa
The UK visit visa is also valid for a maximum period of six months, although it is important to remember that the actual duration granted is the prerogative of the Immigration Officer. Visit visas are specifically intended for those who wish to visit the UK for a short-term visit. They are issued as a temporary visa service and do not offer the opportunity to progress to more permanent UK immigration services such as Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK (ILR) and UK citizenship. Like a business visit visa, a UK tourist visa can be issued for a maximum validity of two years for multiple entries to the UK. The exception to this is for medical visitors who may be permitted to extend their leave if their health or condition requires it.
Applying for a UK visit visa
The requirements of a UK visitor’s visa are that candidates must be able to support themselves financially for the length of their time in the United Kingdom. Applicants must be able to fund their entire trip without recourse to public funding. Candidates must also be able to show that it is their genuine intention to return to their country of residence on or before the expiry of their visa. Applicants should be aware that if a visitor has family ties to Britain a UK Entry Clearance Officer might question their intention to return home. It is important to note that the immigration history of the applicant’s family as well as the applicants themselves may be taken into account.
Applying for a Visit Visa for Medical Purposes
Applicants who wish to visit the United Kingdom in order to undergo medical treatment will be issued a UK medical visitor visa. A candidate must not have a terminal illness and they must be undergoing private treatment. UK medical visas are issued for periods of six months at a time and are renewable so long as the treatment requires them to remain in the UK. A medical visa may be granted as a single entry visa or for multiple entries to the UK. Find out further information on our Family Immigration to UK page.
To apply for the UK Tourist Visa / UK Visitor Visa. the following eligibility criteria should be met
- Applicants must demonstrate that they possess sufficient funds to support themselves and their family for the entire period of their visit.
- Applicants must not intend to seek or undertake a job.
- Applicants should have no criminal record and intend to strictly comply with the laws of the country.
- Applicants may be required to undergo medical examination.
- Applicants who might stay either with their relatives or friends should also provide invitation letter.
- Applicants of certain countries may need a temporary resident visa
Basic Features of the UK Tourist Visa / UK Visitor Visa
- The UK Tourist Visa / UK Visitor Visa allows you to travel throughout UK and visit UK’s many attractions.
- You can visit family and friends.
- Visitors can also register for short courses relating to courses of areas of general interest, or to learn English or French.
- Visitors can meet with prospective employers or recruiters in pursuit of employment opportunities.
- Visitors are strictly not permitted to work on a UK Tourist Visa / UK Visitor Visa as this is illegal.
Spouses and Dependants
Spouse, common law partner and dependent children over 18 years of age are required to apply individually for their own visiting visas and meet the appropriate criteria.