USA Tourist Visa (USA Visitor Visa)
USA Visitor Visa is a tourist visa to US. It is also known as B2 Visa. A visitor visa is a non-immigrant visa issued to people entering US temporarily for pleasure, tourism, or medical treatment. Any foreign citizen including parents who wants to visit USA for tourism, visiting children, family, friends, relatives, attending special events, family functions, ceremonies, or for medical treatment may qualify and can apply for visitor visa.
Quick facts about USA visitor visa
- Visitor visa or tourist visa is also known as B1-B2 or B2 visa for USA.
- Visitor visa is subject to approval. You must apply and get the visitor visa stamped in your passport.
- Visitor visa is granted for a specific purpose only, like tourism, medical treatment, etc. Person entering USA on visitor visa should not be involved in study, business, or work. If the purpose of your trip is business, you must apply for USA business visa (B1 visa)
How to get Visitor Visa for USA?
Getting a visitor visa to USA is subject to approval. Each applicant must have a valid passport, submit the application form, pay the fee, and appear for the visitor visa interview at the nearest applicable US consulate in their country.
USA tourist visa (USA Visitor Visa) allows you to visit USA either to sightsee or visit family or friends. Visas are granted for up to 10 years depending on applicant’s intent, profile & documentation. Visitors are not permitted to work on the USA tourist visa and are expected to leave the USA before the visa expires. Applicants can visit USA along with their dependents and children.
Applications are made online & personal interviews are mandatory for first time applicants. The key to a successful application is genuine intent to visit, accurate documentation & forms.
USA tourist visa (USA visitor visa) allows you to visit USA either to sightsee or visit family or friends. Visas are granted for up to 10 years depending on applicant’s intent, profile & documentation. Visitors are not permitted to work on the USA tourist visa. USA Tourist visa applicants must demonstrate to the consular officer that they have strong ties to their country of residence and must show that they intend to depart the United States after their temporary visit.
A USA tourist visa grants you permission to travel to a Port of Entry (airport/seaport) in the United States. When you arrive at your destination Port of Entry, the U.S. Immigration Inspector who processes your entry will determine the length of time that you may remain in the country during this visit. You may travel to the Port of Entry during the validity of your USA tourist visa up to and including the last day. The visa duration does not determine the length of time that you may remain legally in the United States; only the Immigration Inspector can decide this upon your arrival in the United States.
Qualifying for a USA tourist visa (USA visitor visa)
According to U.S. visa laws and regulations, all non-immigrant visa applicants must demonstrate to the consular officer that they have strong ties to their country of residence and must show that they intend to depart the United States after their temporary visit.
The visa interview days are Monday-Friday and the majority of successful applicants normally receive their U.S. visas within two business days.
Advance travel planning and early visa application are important, since visa applications are subject to a greater degree of scrutiny than in the past.
It is very important that your passport is in good condition for a U.S. visa to be placed. U.S. visas cannot be placed in damaged passports. When you are travelling you must carry your old and new passports
To apply for a USA tourist visa (USA visitor visa).the following eligibility criteria should be met
- Applicants must demonstrate that they possess sufficient funds to support themselves and their family for the entire period of their visit.
- Applicants must not intend to seek or undertake a job.
- Applicants should have no criminal record and intend to strictly comply with the laws of the country.
- Applicants who might stay either with their relatives or friends should also provide invitation letter.
- Need to convince the consular that he will return to his native country.
Following are the categories of visit visas:
- A single entry Visitor Visa
This visa category allows the applicants to visit USA once for a period of 6 months. However, the applicant can apply for an extension of a minimum 30 days before the expiry of the original visa, when they are in USA.
- Multiple Entry Visitor Visa
Under this visa category, applicants can travel to and fro from USA on many occasions within the validity period of the Canadian travel visa. The applicant must specify the length of time he/she requires and the time awarded subsequently depends on the case officer.
- Transit Visa
This category in designed for the people transiting through USA on the way to another destination, the length of stay should be no longer than 48 hours.
- Business Visitor visa
This visa category allows the applicants to visit for Business purpose duration may be a period of 6 months or more. However, the applicant can apply for an extension of a minimum 30 days before the expiry of the original visa.
Basic Features of the Visa
1. The USA tourist visa, USA visitor visa, USA visit visa allows you to travel throughout USA and visit USA’s many attractions.
2. You can visit family and friends.
3. Visitors can also register for short courses relating to courses of areas of general interest, or to learn English or French.
4. Visitors can meet with prospective employers or recruiters in pursuit of employment opportunities.
Spouses and Dependants
Spouse, common law partner and dependent children over 18 years of age are required to apply individually for their own visiting visas and meet the appropriate criteria.